March 26, 2018
The MPA is now accepting submissions for the 2018 Paul Revere Awards for Graphic Excellence!
Established in 1964 in honor of the 200th anniversary of the first music engraving in American by the famous silversmith Paul Revere, these awards were initially given as a means of alerting the music industry to the advantages of providing the best possible publication from the viewpoint of engraving, graphic arts and production standards. Today the awards still recognize outstanding examples of graphic design, with an emphasis on usability for orchestras, educators, libraries and individuals.
All member companies of the MPA are eligible to apply. Any publication originating in the USA and produced for general distrubution and sales through regular channels between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018 is eligible, provided it has not been previously submitted.
Entries must be submitted to arrive on or before Friday, May 4!
Judges will be selected by the MPA Board of Directors and the awards will be announced at the 2018 Annual Meeting to be held June 8 in New York City. Categories for consideration include the following:
- Cover Design Featuring Photography
- Cover Design Featuring Graphic Elements
- Popular Music Design in Folios
- Concert and Educational Music: Design in Folios
- Choral Music
- Keyboard Music
- Guitar Music
- Piano-Vocal Music
- Full Scores
- Solos (with accompaniment)
- Solos (without accompaniment)
- Chamber ensembles (score and parts)
- Collated Music (band, orchestra, or large ensemble, score and parts)